Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Review: Burt's Bees Radiance Night Creme


Stephanie persuaded me to buy this moisturizer on the basis that she'd review the day cream and I could review the night cream. So hopefully she'll come through with that review soon!

It costs $14.99 or thereabouts for 2oz, so it definitely fits within my budget. However, at first I hated it. It seemed too thin, I didn't think it moisturized enough, and I wasn't happy at all. I was ready to write a review of how me and Burt's Bees just don't get along (apart from their lip balm) and that I'd never waste my money on their stuff again.

But I kept using it, just to give it a fair trial. And something strange started happening...I started liking it. I still would like it to be a bit thicker. I still probably use a bit too much because I want a bit of extra moisturization around my eyes, but it has definitely grown on me. It is slightly sticky when first applied, but sinks in well. It has a very pleasant apple scent (at least, to my nose - it doesn't list apple on the ingredient list, so perhaps it's supposed to smell of something else). It leaves my skin feeling soft and nourished, and, yes, plump and not too lined and wrinkly. It must be the royal jelly or something in there that my skin is enjoying, but I definitely feel like something is working.

Three and a half stars.

Update: I'm revising my opinion of this cream upwards. I've just bought my second jar because my skin has been feeling silky smooth, and well, moistened. So I'm going to go for four stars.
Update #2: I'm revising this upward again, to 5 stars. See also this post. This is really working well for me. I've also got very used to the consistency so I don't mind that it's a bit thinner than the moisturizers I previously liked. I am hooked!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i tried this creme after reading your review and i LOVE it. thank you!!

ps: are you in the south? i see you've mentioned winn-dixie in your reviews before...

Sisi said...

I just bought a jar of this stuff today
I was afraid that this night cream might be too oily and cause breakouts but after reading your post I feel much better!

Maho Lucil said...

Well this product works for all types of skin. This night creme can naturally boost skin radiance with royal jelly, rosemary and pine tree extract. To achieve that smooth and young skin, you can use the Burt's bee morning cream every mornings. For reducing fine lines and wrinkles, you can also use eye wrinkles creams as well.