Friday, August 22, 2008

Free Origins samples

Check out this link which I spotted over at TreeHugger.

Origins are giving away a 2-minute skin care consultation and 4 free "super samples" if you visit a store between now and 9/3/08, or you can shop online and get the sample set free with a purchase. I wouldn't normally regard Origins as being a terribly frugal choice, but it's free! One of the sets is from their new organics line which they are touting as the "purest products on earth" - I'm sure the purest skin care products on earth don't actually come in a bottle, but I'm still keen to try it. Although the sample set comes in a nice box, which has me thinking holiday gifts again. Maybe I'll try to get two sample sets somehow - one to try and one to give away.

4 comments:

Sam said...

I love origins. Of course I now live 35+ minutes away from one. Sheesh!

HereWeGoAJen said...

I happened to be near an Origins today and I stopped in and got my free samples. (I only knew about this because you posted it, so thanks!) I got the organics line. The samples are tiny, probably less than a fluid ounce combined in all four samples (two of them are .17), but you can't get better than free! And the box says Giveaway on it in big letters, but I'm going to repackage it and give it to someone for part of their Christmas present.

Solitaire said...

Yes, they are tiny, aren't they? I went to get a box yesterday, and came away without one because I was so disappointed in the size. So much for "super samples" - they're just regular samples! But I may go back, as it might still make a nice stocking stuffer.

Lisa said...

I happened to be walking by Origins yesterday and remembered your post and popped in for my free kit! Since I have really sensitive skin I got the Dr. Andrew Weil sample (I know, not organic!) I also got some Heaven Earth sandals for about 70% off on Gaiam thanks to your link in the last post (ALSO not organic, oops, but two of my friends have been raving about them). Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for posting about it!